I will also tell you she was wearing some form of spanx which I saw when she raised her hands over her head - so it made me feel better that we don't all have to aspire to have a 6 pack all the time.
Here are my top takeaways from the event:
- Your metabolism isn't just related to what you eat - it's also related to stress, sleep, and body hormones
- When buying fruits and veggies, eat more of the clean 15 and less of the dirty dozen
- You can calculate how many calories you burn a day by doing "nothing" by calculating your BMR. Mine is about 1518. Plus, you can multiply that number by a lifestyle activity factor to determine how many calories you burn based on your normal activity. AKA i work a desk job - so if i don't work out at all that day, i'm probably burning about 1518 * 1.2 = 1822. So if I don't work out that day - in order to maintain my weight, I shouldn't consume more than 1822 calories. Pretty cool.
- Communicate more in your relationships. If you say what you want/need and the other party can provide that/respect that, then you need to purge that relationship from your life.
- Jillian Michaels is actually pretty funny and down to earth. She agrees that $6 for a pint of organic raspberries sounds silly.
Decrease my carbohydrate intake while increasing my protein intake
Eat more plant-based meals
Decrease my sodium intake (salt increases bloating/ water retention - not good for bikini season)
Cut all soda and sweetened drinks that are not 100% juice
Increase the # of times I lift weights per week
Sleep at least 8 hrs/ night
This is not a diet - I am not trying to lose weight. I am trying to cut fat and get my body in the best shape i know how.
The reason I'm putting this all up here is because I believe if you set a goal you are much more likely to work towards it and accomplish it if you tell someone else about it. Think about it - maybe I get tired of being so particular about my work out regiment and nutrition and I give up 2 weeks in. No one will know except for me so it's easy to quit.
Say your goals out loud. Write them down. Tell a friend/relative. Tell me in the comments :)