In celebration of Katie’s decision to cleanse, I agreed to help her meal prep for the following week. This, after a morning of volunteering harvesting crops in my church’s garden, then an insanity master class at the gym – a near perfect (and exhausting) day! Meal prepping can be time consuming and not so fun by yourself – but meal prepping with a friend 1. Is More fun 2. Twice the people means everything goes faster 3. Allows you to cook more food, yet not eat the same thing 5 days in a row :) Win-Win…win.
The “basic” rules of the Standard Process cleanse diet:
- 21 days in length
- Diet consists of twice as many vegetables as fruits, Raw (if possible – if cooked, not for very long), organic (if possible), ½-1 cup of lentils or ½ cup of wild or brown rice per day. There are also some starchy veggies like sweet potatoes that are limited (only ½ per day) and no corn is allowed.
- No processed foods, alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, nuts/seeds, dairy, or grains (except wild/brown rice).
- 4-7 teaspoons of oil per day (coconut oil, fish oil, flax seed oil, extra virgin olive oil, grape seed oil).
- Can’t have meat until day 11 (and then, only lean meat in small amounts)
- There are a bunch of supplements that go along with the cleanse. More info of those here: https://www.standardprocess.com/Standard-Process/Purification-Program/Program-Diet
What we prepped:
- Herbed Pesto + brown rice
- Sweet potato + cinnamon + coconut oil
- Fresh salsa (tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, onion, salt),
- Roasted butternut squash and red onion w/ EVOO
- Spaghetti Squash with mixed herb pesto (basil, parsley, chives, thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic, lemon, olive oil, salt)
- Vegetable Lentil soup
- Kale Chips
Once everything was cooked, we portioned out meals for each of us for the week. Katie left with two huge bags of food and I have a fridge full of healthy food!